Monday, May 10, 2010

OMG KILL ME RIGHT NOW.

Ok, so I just came back from my experiment.

IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER

The casein. Smelt. So. BAD. It was like a mixture between urine and vinegar. I felt like dying. Anyway, I'll just run through what happened.
I can't believe I was so happy at the beginning. I had no idea was I was in for.














I even took a picture of the milk heating. Even I call that sad now. ><''
I let it reach 50 degrees and them I poured it into the bowl, then I poured in 50mL of vinegar. (I wanted to start off from a middle number)
Then, the smell started getting to my nose. It was horrendous. Nevertheless, because I was an awesome scientist I continued on. I stirred the stuff for a minute (I'm really tempted to called the "stuff" something else starting with an s) and it came out so gross. It looked like vomit to be honest. I seriously thought that I would have much more casein than this minuscule amount.














You can see that there are only like, a few flecks in there. Then I saw that no more casein would form and put it into the strainer. The thing was, the bowl was kind of hot, and the smell was so nauseating that the bowl kind of slipped and a lot of the casein fell into the sink. I still persevered and I tried collecting the casein and put it onto paper towels. The sadder thing was that only the little flecks came out so I couldn't take them off the towels.













I did, however get the little clumps which you can see on the bottom left hand side in the above picture. So I squished those together and made it into a ball and not a "flat rectangular shape", because seriously, I knew by then this would not be a legitimate experiment. I put the casein on my hand and took this photo:





My hands smell really bad now.
LOL you can see the camera strap!


Anyway, after that there was a lot of cleaning up I had to do. I wiped the sink and benches, and washed my equipment. I also sprayed the kitchen with air freshener. Stuff the food.

This was such an epic fail. I might post later on how many mistakes/errors there were in here, but right now, I'm seriously way too tired. G'NIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. "It was like a mixture between urine and vinegar. I felt like dying."

    ...why does that sound like something out of twilight LMAOOOOO

    ReplyDelete