Monday, May 17, 2010

Something which I should have mentioned....

Ok well, you know how I was doing the experiment before? My parents happened to see me (well, more specifically my dad) and he asked me why I was making some of this curry dessert thing called mishti. And I was giving him the O-o face and then I realised that it was true. Then he started laughing at me.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if you're not of Bengali/Indian/etc background you'll have no idea what it is, so I tried researching it.
Well, in Bengali, "mishti" literally means "sweet" in English. You can have a large variation in the way they are made so you can get different shapes, colours and tastes.
For example, the ones below are white and black(yes I know they're not black but we just call them that) mishtis.
















I don't know what it looks like to non-Bengali people, but omg, this looks so yummy. X.X
I searched up some recipes for it on the internet and instead of using vinegar, they use lemon juice. Which also has acidic properties so naturally casein would form. (http://indianfood.about.com/od/sweetsanddesserts/r/chamcham.htm)

So, I thought that this is one of the things that I could put in my introduction. I could say that my research could help maximise the quality of the mishti? Or something like that. 8D

--------- I just realised when I use the term "curry" I mean people like Bengalis/Indians/Pakistanis. I'm not sure if this is racist, but I use it all the time and I know heaps of other people who use it too... Anyway, just know that I'm not reffering tothe curry that you eat with rice. Yeah, that spicy thing. Totally does not go with dessert. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment