Thursday, March 4, 2010

Planning for Planning the Experiment

Well, today I got confirmation from Ms Zhang for my experiment! She told me I could do it but to watch out for my variables. Also, I could make different sections of my method so that I can test different variables.There's so much to write about. D:

The first experiment I'd do would be on changing the amount of vinegar, and whether this would affect the casein in any way. (I still have to decide on how I'm going to measure the 'changes' in the casein though...) Apparently, I also have to change the amount of water corresponding to the amount of vinegar I have so that they equate to 100ml. For example, if I put in 20ml of vinegar, I need 80ml of water, 30ml of vinegar needs 70ml of water etc.

In the next experiment, I would keep the amount of vinegar constant, and change the type of milk, to see if that has any effects on the casein. There are so many different types of milk but I suppose I'll have to use at least 3 or 4 types for my experiment. All of the same brand I suppose (controlled variable!). I'm going to have to drink a lot of leftover milk -gulp- (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment